Born in Belgium in 1989, Lionel Jusseret is a documentary photographer. After finishing his studies at INSAS in 2012, a Belgian film school, he photographed children with autism in the French association J’interviendrais. In the search for unpredictable images, Jusseret works in the intimacy of his subject. The approach is anthropological. After seven years of immersion, he finished his first series Kinderszenen.
A book, edited by Loco Edition, will be released at spring 2020.
Recently, he works in a retirement home to get closer to seniors with Alzheimer’s disease and create the new serie Home.
Lionel Jusseret lives and works in Bruxelles.
- Mentor prize (Home), 2019
- Joop Swart Masterclass by World Press Photo 2018, Nominee
- The 6×6 Global Talent Program by World Press Photo 2018, Nominee
- Henry Goethals Grant from L’Estacade Foundation (Kinderszenen) 2018
- Vocatio Grant 2017
- Jury’s first prize at Les Nuits Photographiques de Pierrevert Festival (Kinderszenen) 2017
- 2020 – Recyclart (Belgium) – Upcoming
- 2020 – Salut au monde (Portugal) – Upcoming
- 2019 – Fotomuseum Antwerp – TIFF (Belgium)
- 2019 – Espace Photographique Contretype (Belgium)
- 2019 – 44 Gallery (Belgium)
- 2018 – Centre d’Art Contemporain de Bastogne, L’Orangerie (Belgium)
- 2018 – AntwerpPhoto (Belgium)
- 2018 – Les Boutographies (France)
- 2018 – Centre d’Art Contemporain de Hasselt (Belgique)
- 2017 – Zoom Photo Festival Saguenay (Quebec)
- 2017 – Festival Les Nuits Photographiques d’Essaouira (Morocco)
- 2017 – Festival Les Nuits Photographiques de Pierrevert (France)
- 2017 – Gallery 44 POP UP in Knock-Le-Zout (Belgium)
- 2016 – Brugge Foto Festival (Belgium)
- 2015 – Angkor Photo Festival (Cambodia)
- 2013 – Les Rencontres d’Arles Voies Off (France)
PUBLICATIONS ON WEBSITE