Born in Belgium in 1989, Lionel Jusseret is a documentary photographer. While finishing his studies in INSAS in 2012, a belgian cinema school, he became to photograph autistic children at the french association J’interviendrais. After seven years in immersion, he closed his first serie Kinderszenen. A book, edited by Loco Edition, will be released at the end of 2019.
Recently, he works in a retirement home to get closer to seniors with Alzheimer’s disease and create the new serie Home.
Lionel Jusseret lives and works in Bruxelles.
- .TIFF by Foto Museum of Antwerpen 2018
- Joop Swart Masterclass by World Press Photo 2018, Nominee
- The 6×6 Global Talent Program by World Press Photo 2018, Nominee
- Vocatio Grant 2017
- Jury’s first prize at Les Nuits Photographiques de Pierrevert Festival 2017
- Henry Goethals Grant from L’Estacade Foundation 2017
- 2019 – Espace Photographique Contretype (Belgium) – Upcoming
- 2019 – 44 Gallery (Belgium)
- 2018 – TIFF – Foto Museum of Antwerpen (Belgium)
- 2018 – Centre d’Art Contemporain de Bastogne, L’Orangerie (Belgium)
- 2018 – AntwerpPhoto (Belgium)
- 2018 – Les Boutographies (France)
- 2018 – Centre d’Art Contemporain de Hasselt (Belgique)
- 2017 – Zoom Photo Festival Saguenay (Quebec)
- 2017 – Festival Les Nuits Photographiques d’Essaouira (Morocco)
- 2017 – Festival Les Nuits Photographiques de Pierrevert (France)
- 2017 – Gallery 44 POP UP in Knock-Le-Zout (Belgium)
- 2016 – Brugge Foto Festival (Belgium)
- 2015 – Angkor Photo Festival (Cambodia)
- 2013 – Les Rencontres d’Arles Voies Off (France)